DIY Pallet Entertainment Center

Sunday, July 28, 2013

So, as I mentioned before, We just bought a new home and the interior design has been AWESOME! I wanted to share some of the inexpensive design we put together. First, the pallet wall..

This only took a weekend!
Just so you know, taking pallets apart is one of the HARDEST things to do! My boyfriend broke one of our hammers! But well worth it! we stacked 4 pallets and screwed them into the studs. For bracing, we added the bench which is half of the length of a pallet cut in two and mounted to the bottom pallets. It works really create to hide all of your entertainment things. I will be adding a burlap or fabric curtain.. eventually, then I'll post it up! And yes, that's HGTV on the TV! (and we need a bigger TV).

DIY Vintage Lamp:


LAMPS! the lamps were given to me by my Dad and his wife because they realized we just got a new home and wanted to give us a few things. However, they didn't look like they do now! I regrettably don't have a before picture, but they were typical lamp shade with a brushed black and gold bottom.
Where Old became New! 
This lamp was free as I mentioned before and I "ripped" off the old lamp shade fabric, spray painted the bottom (Rustoleum of coarse) and LOVED what was underneath, so I put a "vintage style" light bulb in it and it seemed a little too scary, so I wrapped it in rope you get from Joanns and its amazing! It gives  the room a romantic lighting feature that is great for moving watching or just reading your ipad or kindle! (Its sitting on a custom pallet wood end-table, but not one of my favorite projects..)

You Might Also Like

0 comments